God, guns and gays! This weeks top reads cover the topics of homosexuality, greed, violence and religion. You just got to love the volatile drama of Mississippi politics.
Here’s the top 5 as decided by Mississippi PEP readers:
- Politics and Religion: Tackling Taboo. Managing Editor Keith Plunkett tackles two of the “no, no” subjects. The article covers the Chik-fil-A day, and a Mississippi Congressional candidates call to violence against big city Democrat’s who, not surprisingly, pander to their liberal constituency over the chicken sandwich madness.
- Auditor Stacey Pickering shows up at Southaven board meeting to seize Mayor Davis’ paycheck. Pickering surprised the embattled Mayor of Southaven and political observers so much this week that the subject gets the #2, #4, and #5 spots on the list.
- Following lesbian ceremony, Ag commissioner Wants legislature to set limits. The reversal of a policy over same-sex commitment ceremonies at the Ag Museum had Commissioner Cindy Hyde-Smith calling for legislative action. One commentor on this website called for violence against the Commissioner, Lt. Governor and Governor’s families in retaliation. Watch out folks! The gay army is amassing the troops. Pink berets for the guys, and combat boots for the gals. Y’all shoot low, they’re riding Shetland ponies.
- Southaven Mayor Greg Davis: A Tumultuous Year. A look back at a timeline of stories concerning the troubled mayor, his questionable spending of taxpayer money, coming out of the closet and allegations of endangering schoolchildren.
- Auditor Pickering lawsuit says Davis spent $6500 of taxpayer funds on personal trip to Key West. The first pieces of Auditor Pickering’s evidence against Mayor Greg Davis begins to trickle out.
That’s it for this week. Remember to sign up at the top of the page for the newsletter to receive pass codes to members only areas.
- Conservative married Mississippi Mayor Greg Davis says he’s gay — after audit reveals purchase at gay adult store (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Why are homosexuals so heterophobic? (luvsiesous.com)
- State: Greg Davis’ Checks To Be Garnished (wreg.com)